Solar Net Metering Systems 1KW – 1000KW
Where can Solar plants be installed?
There is a large potential available for generating solar power using unutilized space on rooftops an wastelands around buildings. Small quantities of power generated by each individual house hold, industrial building, commercial buildings or any other type of building cab be used to partly fulfill the requirement of the building occupants and surplus , if any ,can be fed into the grid. The distribution companies will allow power to feed into the grid and extending net metering facility to the consumers.
In grid interactive rooftop or small SPV systems , the DC power generated from SPV panel is converted to AC power using power conditioning unit and is fed to the grid. The generated power during the day time can be utilized fully by powering captive loads and excess power can be fed to the grid as long as grid is available. In case , where solar power is not sufficient due to cloud cover or during the night hours, the captive loads are served by drawing power from the grid. The grid interactive roof top solar system cab work on net metering basis wherein the beneficiary pays to the utility on net meter reading basis only.
- Utilization of vacant rooftop for power generation.
- Can generate power for self consumption and feed excess power to the Grid
- Provision for settlement of registered surplus energy fed to the grid on a half yearly basis.
- Surplus energy injected shall be considered for payment by the DISCOM at pooled cost decided by the concerned power distribution companies.
- Generation of environmental friendly green energy.
- Reduction in diesel consumption where DG back-up is provided.
- AD Benefit
- Surplus Energy Payment by DISCOM to the consumer.
- A minimum vacant roof area of 10 Sq. mtr or 100 Sq.ft is required for installation of 1KWp system.
- The consumer shall have 1 phase/ 3 phase supply service connection.
- Mandatory safety precautions/features shall be installed as per the norms.
- A single bi-directional meters shall be installed for export and import by TSSDCL/DISCOM.
- The standard equipment as per the norms of MNRE/TSSPDCL/DISCOM shall only be installed.
- The vendor executing the turn key solution should be a channel partner of MNRE or manufacture / supplier / system integrator approved by TNREDCL.